New website coming along nicely

Welcome to 26.2 Road Runners! Forums Website News New website coming along nicely

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Ed Brunskill 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Web Admin
    Web Admin
    Keymaster

You may have noticed that this isn’t the old website. Very observant of you! We are working hard to get the new format website up and running. This is largely a case of moving old content into WordPress from the old Joomla site. If you see anything you like or don’t like, please let us know. If you want to be involved in creating the new site we would also like to hear from you. Hope you like the new site! Rich

Lawrence Bromley
    Keymaster

Hi Rich.
    I think I prefer the old website, it looks much slicker and sexier.
    Hello? Is this thing on??? I’ll get my coat 🙂

Web Admin
    Web Admin
    Keymaster

Cheeky :oP

Richard Goulder
    Participant

I love the new website and its a great improvement. Still having a nose around and was looking at the forum. Do you think we really need to have so many sub-categories? Wouldn’t it be easier if we just had a public forum and a private forum? This would avoid the need to keep having to go into different the categories to see what has been posted.

Richard Kirk
    Keymaster

Good plan Richard. Previously I just copied what we had on the old site. As we don’t get a lot of forum topics I agree it is not worth having so many categories. I have started the consolidation into 3 forums: Public, Members, Website News. We can see how this goes and change if needed.

Kevin Furlong
    Kevin Furlong
    Keymaster

FYI the forum categories on the old site were what I inherited and I always thought there were too many as well. I didn’t consolidate them in the past as I wanted to preserve the old forum posts, however as nothing was transferred to the new forum it makes sense to consolidate them into fewer categories now.

Andrew Pengelly
    Andrew Pengelly
    Participant

Hi Guys, Congratulations on doing such a great job with the website. From one of the furthest flung members of 26.2 RRC, I appreciate seeing the news of how things are going. I know that these things just don’t happen overnight so thank you to all the team. Well done.

PS I miss my PB’s on the members profile and frankly don’t have them noted anywhere else. Would it be possible to recover them from the old site and email them to me. Otherwise, when I am as old as Binky, I fear my 10K PB will be sub 35 min and sub 60 min for the 10 mile ….
    Best regards from Down Under. Enjoy your running, Pegs

Kevin Furlong
    Kevin Furlong
    Keymaster

Note for Richard Kirk, I’m sure you far better at SQL than me but the rough SQL statement to extract the correct columns from the Community Builder table in the database for the old website is as follows:

SELECT firstname, lastname, cb_pbonemile, cb_pbonemiledate, cb_pbtenkm, cb_pbtenkmdate, cb_pbtenmiles, cb_pbtenmilesdate, cb_pbhalfmarathon, cb_pbhalfmarathondate, cb_pbmarathon, cb_pbmarathondate, cb_pbclubhandicap, cb_pbclubhandicapdate, cb_pbtwentymiles, cb_pbtwentymilesdate, cb_pbfivemiles, cb_pbfivemilesdate
    FROM j25_comprofiler
    ORDER BY lastname

Kevin Furlong
    Kevin Furlong
    Keymaster

Pegs,
    I pulled your PB data out of the old database and it is as follows:

One mile: 05:29
    10KM: 00:39:15
    10 miles: 01:07:05
    Half Marathon: 01:28:52
    Marathon: 03:16:28
    Club Handicap 00:18:12
    20 miles 02:21:57

Andrew Pengelly
    Pegs

Thanks Kevin. Hope you are well & look forforward to Serling you on a trip back in September 😁

Andrew Pengelly
    Pegs

Bludy phone !

Richard Kirk
    Keymaster

Cheers for the SQL lookup Kev. The PBs are something I would like to bring back. When I get round to doing something with GP results I will try and integrate in a PB feature too.

Ed Brunskill
    Participant

Looks really good !! Great work guys. I agree Pegs about the PBs, it was my only true record of PBs collated across the varying distances since running with 26.2. Personally it gave me a great sense of achievement, and for me a PB is only ever you against yourself so a good way to share and celebrate our own personal success amongst our fellow club runners!! Will be good to see them back when you I.T. guys can get time to do so !
    Thanks ED

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Surbiton's friendly running club. Open to runners of all standards, fast or slow. We participate in local races of all distances.