Skiff Club Fun Day

Welcome to 26.2 Road Runners! Forums Public Forum Skiff Club Fun Day

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Web Admin Web Admin 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Web Admin
    Web Admin
    Keymaster

Our friends at the Skiff Club have invited 26.2 members to their annual fun day. The Skiff club organises the Franckeiss Cup that saw our ladies victorious in consecutive years at rowing rather than running.

Full details from the Skiff Club are below.

Hello everyone…

It is that time of year again when the first weekend of June looms…the evenings are long and gorgeous and sunny [well, getting there…] and minds are turning towards short course racing..yes really!

It is time for the SKIFF CLUB FUN DAY…
    For those who are new to this, it is a day of racing in singles and doubles, in ‘scratch’ crews over a short course, typically about 250-300m [not more than a couple of minutes]. Crews are fiendishly handpicked and matched to give a close race [or are selected at random and then handicapped according to the whim of the start marshall!]. It is run as a knock out competition along the lines of a regatta.

There are other events going on as well, including the infamous coracle challenge across Trowlock Creek and back [defending champ Tim Harness is away this year so someone else might get a look in] and also the dongle challenge…which looks a bit like a bunch of skiffers trying to dragon boat a punt [actually exactly what it is]…an almost total lack of directional stability being the amusing point on this one.

You will need to be there by 12 midday to start getting ready

The bar will open from early evening and Luisa and I will be doing a barbecue with burgers and sausages…There is already cake sorted out, so I may ask for volunteers to make some sarnies for light snacking at lunch and during the early afternoon.
    There is a nominal charge of 3GBP per head for the Barbie…profits to the Boat Fund…

There will be a raffle in the evening too…
    Guests and family are very welcome but please give me an indication of numbers so that everybody gets fed!

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO.

Please email me at socialsecretary@theskiffclub.org.uk.

Please advise.
    YOUR NAME
    HOW MANY PEOPLE [IF ANY] YOU WILL BE BRINGING.
    ARE YOU UP FOR RACING

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

All best

Ricard

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Surbiton's friendly running club. Open to runners of all standards, fast or slow. We participate in local races of all distances.