The Final 2012/13 Grand Prix scheduled events are set out below:
Click “Read More”
For those not familiar with the Club Grand Prix, this is a fun way to run and race at a number of local events that are popular with Club members. There are a total of twelve events, typically one per month, spread through the Club racing year from May to April. The events vary in distance from 1 mile to 21 miles and vary in surfaces and level of “hillyness” so hopefully there will be some events there which you are fullly comfortable with and some that may encorage you try something new.
Above all the Grand Prix is supposed to be an enjoyable and friendly way of meeting others from the club to run and socialise at outside events. There is also a competitive side to it in that points are awarded for your performances at the Grand Prix events and, with points from your best nine events scoring to an overall annual total, you can miss a quarter of the events and still be able to score maximum points overall.
Points are awarded on both “Past the Post” and on an “Age Graded basis” so an Old Good ‘un can beat a young whipper snapper on the age grading table… 20 Points are awarded for first place, 19 for second, 18 for third and so on. More details can be found at the Members Menu on the top toolbar, click here or just ask Member.
With the month of May being a rest period to recover from the Spring Marathons and the Club Awards Night, the Grand Prix commences with the Mile Championship on the first Wednesday in June:
1. Club Mile Championship* Wednesday 6th June 2012 at Kingsmeadow Stadium. Meet at 7:00pm for 7:30pm first race
2. Dorking 10: Sunday 10th June 2012, 9:00am. Details http://www.dmvac.org.uk/pages/dorking10.shtml a scenic and Gold rated BARR event. Entry from £10
7. Epsom 10: Sunday 18th November 2012 (“date “99% certain” per organiser). A hilly but perenially popular local 10 mile road race. Details to be published at http://www.eandeharriers.co.uk/epsom-10
10. Surrey County Cross Country league fixture 9th February 2013
12. Will be the best from any of the four Kingston parkruns in April 2013
* Denotes a Club Championship event where Club Trophies and immortality awaits the winners in each of the gender and age categories. Championship rules can be found on the “Members Menu” on the top toolbar here