The website is maintained by 26.2 Road Runners Club (26.2 RRC). For the purposes of data protection legislation, 26.2 RRC is the data controller.
26.2 RRC is the owner of www.26point2.co.uk and we are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 up to 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation). This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation.
- The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, email address, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our website and online forms
- Information you voluntarily provide to us when you apply to become a member of 26.2 RRC (e.g. date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number)
- Information you voluntarily provide to us when you enter an event organised by us (e.g. date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number)
- Your results from any events you take place in organized by us
(collectively “Athletics Data”)
- Your IP address (which is a unique identifier that computers and devices use to identify and communicate with each other) which is automatically recognised by the web server
- How we use your information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- Training and competition entry
- To notify you about athletics events
- To share data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions
- To share data with club team managers to enter events
- To share data with facility providers to manage access to club facilities or check delivery standards
- To share data with leagues, county associations and other competition providers for entry in events
- Funding and reporting purposes
- To share anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g. Local Authority
- Anonymised data analysed to monitor club trends
- Membership and club management
- Processing of membership forms and payments
- If you are a member of 26.2 RRC and also wish to become a member of England Athletics, to provide England Athletics with your personal data which they will use to enable access to an online portal for you (called myAthletics). If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics, please contact dataprotection [ at ] englandathletics [ dot ] org.
- Share data with committee members to provide information about club activities, membership renewals or invitation to social events
- Publishing of race and competition results
- Website management (including to use your IP address to monitor traffic and gather browsing behaviors of visitors to our website. We will not use your IP address to identify you in any way)
- Sending our club newsletter to members
- To deal with your requests and enquiries
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry
- Our legal bases for processing your information
We will process your Athletics Data on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- To enable us to carry out necessary administration relating to your membership of 26.2 RRC and the related operation of 26.2 RRC as a running club
- To enable us to carry out necessary administration relating to, and operate, events you enter organized by 26.2 RRC
- To enable us to provide relevant and necessary information via email, text, post to you about your membership of 26.2 RRC and/or events you enter organized by 26.2 RRC
- Monitor use and conduct analytics on our website
If we wish to share your data with third parties for marketing purposes, we will tell you about this and only do so if we get your consent. You can opt out at any time by notifying us.
26.2 RRC may also share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies for the purposes of crime prevention or detection. If we disclose your information, we ask the organisation to demonstrate that the data will assist in the prevention or detection of crime, or that 26.2 RRC is legally obliged to disclose it. This is done on a strictly case by case basis and through a tightly controlled process to ensure we comply with data protection legislation.
- Protecting your information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to a destination external to 26.2 RRC’s own network. We will not transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area.
We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear images to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
- Service and marketing messages
If you are currently receiving service messages or marketing communications from 26.2 RRC and no longer wish to do so, please let us know by contacting us at enquiries [ at ] 26point2.co [ dot ] uk.
- Finding out what information 26.2 RRC holds about you
Under the data protection legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact enquiries [ at ] 26point2.co [ dot ] uk.
You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.
Any Athletics Data that we collect from you will be deleted four years after an individual has ceased to be involved with 26.2 RRC as a member or otherwise.
In this section you will find information on what cookies may be set when you visit the 26.2 RRC website and how to manage and disable them.
What are cookies?
Automatically collected access information
Essential technical information: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
Nonessential technical information: the Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our web site, and the “cookie information” described below.
By continuing to use this site you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
We use the following types of cookies
- Session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer until you close the browser. Our website uses a session cookie which is stored in your browser until you close it to ensure connections to our servers are distributed evenly to provide optimal performance.
- Persistent/Permanent cookies – these remain in the internet browser’s folder of your computer for longer than the time you are visiting this website.
- The cookies we use for these purposes do not track your Internet usage after leaving our website and we do not store your personal information. They will also not be used in connection with any other information to identify you in any way.
Can I opt out of cookies?
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of our website. For information on how to manage cookies on a mobile phone, games console or internet-enabled television, you should refer to the operations manual specific to each device. To opt out of any third-parties using cookies where data about your interaction with our website is collected, please refer to their website for this information.