Thank you for sharing your views overwhelmingly in support of re-starting club training in compliance with relevant guidelines. We are delighted to announce a restricted return to club training 7.00pm on Monday and Wednesday evenings for those who wish to do so (see separate posts for location etc).
- Many of us enjoy running with others and most will achieve higher standards of fitness from running in a club. Some need this motivation to get out running at all
- The operation of the club therefore contributes to health and wellbeing in the local community.
We are aiming to be as inclusive as possible – to permit every member of 26.2 who wants to run to do so with a group of up to 6 runners of similar speed. In the interests of our members’ health and that of others we meet, and of restricting the transmission of COVID in the community, we must ensure that we comply fully with government and England Athletics guidelines https://www.englandathletics.org/. We ask you to take these procedures very seriously, as well as enjoying your running. Our COVID co-ordinator is David Pimm, who can be contacted on: chairman [ at ] 26point2.co [ dot ] uk.
- DO go to the loo and wash your hands thoroughly before you leave home and when you arrive back
- DO arrive ready to run
- DO arrive promptly, shortly before the start time and depart soon after finishing
- DO avoid at any point before, during or after running being in a group of more than six
- DO maintain 2m distance from all other runners or park users wherever possible
- DO give your name to your run leader
- DO avoid touching communal surfaces
- DO avoid shouting
- Be considerate of other park users
- If using public transport, follow appropriate guidance
- DO NOT join us on the night if you or a member of your household is displaying symptoms (high temperature; new, continuous cough; loss of, or change to, sense of smell or taste), or has done so in the last 10 days, or you are required to isolate for health reasons or because of notification from NHS Test and Trace
- DO NOT join us if you are required by Government guidance to quarantine following travel overseas
- Runners participate at their own risk and are responsible for complying with Government guidance
- Under 18s should be accompanied by an adult from their household.
Details may need to change. Please check with this website for the latest position before setting out for a club run.
For those not wishing to join at this stage, see the club virtual training plan button above.