With July fast approaching we have some important dates for your diary as next month is extremely busy and you wouldn’t want to miss out on all the fun now would you!
- Monday 4th July – Richmond Park club run meeting at Kingston Gate car park at the usual time of 7pm for a 7:15pm start .
- Wednesday 6th July – Nonsuch Relays, if you are interested in taking part in this years relays starting at the mansion house in Nonsuch park at 7pm please use the link below to ad your name to the list of those wanting to take part. The course is a 1.87 mile out and back route along the tarmac paths in the park. You will run as part of a 4 person relay team however if you wish to enter an actual team please ensure you add each team members name to the bottom section of the sign up sheet which can be found -> here <-
- Sunday 10th July – Claygate Country 5, with a nice sociable start time of 10:30am this is always a popular club event and it is shaping up to be another good event this year. With many of our Zero2Hero graduates signing up to run their first 5 mile race this should be another good turn out from the club. Entries are £12 in advance and you can enter on the Sport Systems Website.
- Monday 11th July – Club Handicap, due to Nonsuch relays being held on July 6th we will be holding the club handicap the following Monday. Being the first handicap race of the season we’ll be looking forward to seeing everyone coming along to try and wrestle the trophy away from our reigning champion Richard Kirk over the coming months. Please arrive in good time to register as this season we will be starting at 7:30pm prompt from Pine Walk and please also remember that this event wouldn’t be able to go ahead without the volunteers so do let Binkie know if you can pop along to help out.
- Saturday 16th July – Elmbridge Road Runners Mob Match, that friendly bunch from Elmbridge have been in touch and they seem really keen for us to beat them again in another mob match. We held the last one at Bushy parkrun so this time they are coming to us at Kingston parkrun and we although still to be confirmed we are aiming for the 16th July. So come along, wear your club top and let’s show Elmbridge how many runners we can turn out on a Saturday morning.
- Sunday 17th July – Captain’s BBQ, a great afternoon out for all the family, the Captain’s BBQ (weather permitting) is planned to be held at a new venue this year. John Sweeney is hopefully getting us booked in to use the grounds of the Scout HQ along Sterling Walk in Berrylands. With fun & games for everyone, the club will as always supply the meat and bread you supply your salad, desserts and drink. We will have the usual Tug-O-War battles and space permitting the Welly Wanging will also be making an appearance.
- Sunday 24th July – Elmbridge 10K. For those not running the Cotswolds 24 hour relay then maybe a nice 10K closer to home will be right up your street. The Elmbridge 10K organised by Embridge Road Runners is a really friendly event, a fairly fast and flat course with much of the route running alongside the Thames between Hampton Court and Walton Thames. For more information head over to the event website
- Friday 29th July – GP3 – Wedding Day 7K, a cracking race held in Bushy Park starting at 7:30pm on the Hampton side of the park. This is always a good evening, the race is well organised and there is usually a BBQ afterwards or you can bring a picnic and make an evening of it. Entires are £15 for UKA Affiliated members and £17 for non affiliated and you can enter on the Sport Systems Website.
Phew, I did warn you it was going to be busy and with so much going on during July I’m sure you’ll be glad of a month off in August when I’m pleased to tell you things will be pretty quiet. So get yourself signed up for whatever events you can attend and we’ll hopefully see some great turnouts at each event.