We have been monitoring guidance from England Athletics(EA) in relation to the potential impact of the coronavirus, COVID-19, on running events and running clubs: https://d192th1lqal2xm.cloudfront.net/2020/03/Coronavirus-Statement-to-be-read-at-events.pdf?utm_source=emailmarketing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=coronavirus_statement_to_club_secs&utm_content=2020-03-12
Based on that and more general government advice, we at present see no reason to curtail our normal club running events or entry in races. Members should, of course, make their own decision about whether to attend and feel no pressure to do so, especially if in high risk categories.
Race organisers will be making decisions on whether their events can continue (we have none planned for the near future). If Grand Prix events are cancelled or delayed, they will generally be withdrawn from our Grand Prix schedule and appropriate adjustments made accordingly.
We will continue to monitor developments, including through EA.
We recommend that club members read and observe the advice contained in the statement referred to in the link above and in particular:
- Observe government advice regarding hand-washing, sneezing etc
- Self-isolate if recommended to do so by medical practitioners or the government guidance (eg if returning from certain parts of the world), including not attending club events
- Stay away from club events if you develop flu-like symptoms for any reason, or have a high temperature or a new continuous cough
- Feel no pressure to shake hands or have any physical contact with other club members
- Be aware of government travel guidance if travelling to running fixtures.
Your support in helping us all stay fit and healthy is much appreciated.