Launch 5k results
We had 90 runners complete our virtual 5k. The overall winner was Joseph Gonzalez in a fabulous time of 16:45! First lady was Victoria Whelan after posting 19:52 (only just ahead of Verity Nott in 20:03).
Other key results were:
- David Pimm put in a strong run to register the biggest improvement on his recent form.
- Jack Hollingsworth showed the biggest improvement on the PB submitted.
- Tommy Street gave the best relative junior performance, beating his old 5k PB by 13 seconds with a time of 23:23.
Unofficial PBs were achieved by:
- Joseph Gonzalez (16:45 from 16:50)
- Craig Partridge (19:44 from 20:15)
- Matthew Hoare (20:22 from 20:35)
- Harry Kim (20:44 from 21:40)
- Tommy Street (23:23 from 23:36)
- Aron Sibley (23:40 from 24:14)
- Jack Hollingsworth (28:32 from 20:40)
- Lauren Smith (32:09 from 32:53)
- Brenda Robertson (37:19 from 37:30)
We will be running the virtual 5k again this week, however this time, the results count towards a Mob Match against The Stragglers! Make sure you all get out there again and post your best 5k efforts.
A league has been created and runners put into 5 divisions. You can see the new league tables here: Virtual League Tables – Week 1.
League positions will be adjusted using points earned in challenges. At the end of each week we will see 4 people promoted and demoted in each of the divisions.
Week 1 challenges
This weeks challenges are:
- Run on as many days as possible.
- Complete another virtual 5k and try to improve on last week’s time.
- Within each division you will be ranked on:
- Longest run
- Virtual 5k finish time
The scores assigned to each are available at the side of the league table: Virtual League Tables – Week 1.
The challenges include all runs completed between Tuesday 24th March and Monday 30th March.
A link to a google form to submit your results will be sent out at the weekend.
Thanks to everyone that came along to club night. If anyone wants to watch back you can get the recording here: Virtual Club Night – Week 1. In future weeks I hope to be able to give you a link to a video of just the announcement of results and challenges to make these more easily viewable.
We will be holding club night again next week on Wednesday at 8:30pm.