I will be leading a training session in Richmond Park at 7.00pm next Monday 27 July as a pilot for developing club training runs that are compliant with England Athletics COVID-19 rules. To comply, I must be joined by no more than five other runners and we will run a minimum of two metres apart. If you would like to join me please go to the Facebook page 26.2 RRC – We is Runners (members only) and reply to my post. I will finalise our list of participants on a first come first served basis. The run will be approximately 6 miles (all within the perimeter road), off-road and quite hilly. I plan on running at about 8:30 minutes per mile pace. We will meet at 7.00pm on the grass just across the perimeter road (Broomfield Hill) from the Kingston Gate Car Park keeping at least 2m apart. You can currently only gain vehicular access by entering at the Kingston gate. Please be prompt as I plan to set off at 7.05pm.
Important further information for those participating in pilot run;
- DO go to the loo and wash your hands thoroughly before you leave home and when you arrive back
- DO arrive ready to run
- DO avoid touching communal surfaces.
- Be considerate of other park users.
- If using public transport, follow appropriate guidance.
- DO NOT join us on the night if you or a member of your household is displaying symptoms (high temperature; new, continuous cough; loss of, or change to, sense of smell or taste), or you are required to isolate for health reasons or because of notification from NHS Test and Trace.
- DO NOT come along if your participation has not been confirmed (on We is runners). You cannot be allowed to run if numbers exceed six runners
- Runners join me at their own risk and are responsible for complying with Government guidance.
- Under 18s should be accompanied by an adult from their household.