The August handicap may have been lighter on numbers (41) but there were no shortages of showstoppers. In her sixth handicap appearance, Alice Pike set a huge PB to be first over the line with an elapsed time of 36:43 (actual: 23:03). Ben Chown stormed around to set a course record time (new course) of 16:16. Alice Tozer was back in town and capitalised on her recent top form to set a new female course record time on the revised route finishing in 18:26.
After two races, James Scanlon holds a slim lead (68pts) over Kristen Edwards (67pts). Harry Kim (52pts) is currently in bronze position.
For full details of last months’ times, positions and this months start times, see the full handicap database for this season –> here <-
For those of you attending we kindly ask you to note the following:
- If you are able to volunteer please let Bev or Danny know in advance. We are always grateful for an extra pair of hands.
- Please arrive in good time to register as we will be leaving the club at 7:15pm prompt in order to start at 7:30pm.
- Be mindful of the residents on The Byeways and keep noise to a minimum.
- With the nights now closing in, for your own safety please wear a BRIGHT REFLECTIVE TOP to ensure you are visible to other pavement/road users.
- Last but not least, have fun and enjoy the evening 🙂