Launch 5k results
We had 90 runners complete our virtual 5k. The overall winner was Joseph Gonzalez in a fabulous time of 16:45! First lady was Victoria Whelan after posting 19:52 (only just ahead of Verity Nott in 20:03).
Other key results were:
- David Pimm put in a strong run to register the biggest improvement on his recent form.
- Jack Hollingsworth showed the biggest improvement on the PB submitted.
- Tommy Street gave the best relative junior performance, beating his old 5k PB by 13 seconds with a time of 23:23.
Unofficial PBs were achieved by:
- Joseph Gonzalez (16:45 from 16:50)
- Craig Partridge (19:44 from 20:15)
- Matthew Hoare (20:22 from 20:35)
- Harry Kim (20:44 from 21:40)
- Tommy Street (23:23 from 23:36)
- Aron Sibley (23:40 from 24:14)
- Jack Hollingsworth (28:32 from 20:40)
- Lauren Smith (32:09 from 32:53)
- Brenda Robertson (37:19 from 37:30)
We will be running the virtual 5k again this week, however this time, the results count towards a Mob Match against The Stragglers! Make sure you all get out there again and post your best 5k efforts.
A league has been created and runners put into 5 divisions. You can see the new league tables here: Virtual League Tables – Week 1.
League positions will be adjusted using points earned in challenges. At the end of each week we will see 4 people promoted and demoted in each of the divisions.
Week 1 challenges
This weeks challenges are:
- Run on as many days as possible.
- Complete another virtual 5k and try to improve on last week’s time.
- Within each division you will be ranked on:
- Longest run
- Virtual 5k finish time
The scores assigned to each are available at the side of the league table: Virtual League Tables – Week 1.
The challenges include all runs completed between Tuesday 24th March and Monday 30th March.
You can submit your results here: Week 1 Results Entry
Thanks to everyone that came along to club night. If anyone wants to watch back you can get the recording here: Virtual Club Night – Week 1. In future weeks I hope to be able to give you a link to a video of just the announcement of results and challenges to make these more easily viewable.
We will be holding club night again next week on Wednesday at 8:30pm.