The first fixture in the 2019/20 season saw 52 runners completing the 2 lap circuit of Berrylands. In his second handicap outing, James Scanlon was first over the line with an elapsed time of 37:28 (actual: 18:08). The fastest time on the evening was set by Joseph Gonzalez in a time of 16:26. Victoria Whelan was the fastest female on the night finishing in 19:29.
After one race, James Scanlon heads the table (35pts), closely followed by Sue Garnish (34pts) and Kirsten Edwards (33pts).
For full details of last months’ times, positions and this months start times, see the full handicap database for this season –> here <-
For those of you attending we kindly ask you to note the following:
- If you are able to volunteer please let Steve Ramek, Bev or myself know in advance. We are always grateful for an extra pair of hands.
- Please arrive in good time to register as we will be leaving the club at 7:15pm prompt in order to start at 7:30pm.
- Be mindful of the residents and keep noise to a minimum
- Despite the lighter evenings, for your own safety please wear a BRIGHT REFLECTIVE TOP to ensure you are visible to other pavement/road users.
- Last but not least, have fun and enjoy the evening 🙂
Finally, a reminder of two slight tweaks to the rules effective this season:
“To ascertain a member’s start time, your last four finishing times will be considered, the slowest of these being discounted and an average taken of the three remaining times;
“To avoid a tie when the competition reaches its grand conclusion in May, the winner, if points are equal, will be the runner who crosses the line first in this final race.”