July’s Handicap saw 42 of us starting and finishing in the Byeways as we ran the new course for the first time. In essence only the start and finish has changed although this means the incline along Berrylands if dealt with much earlier and the finish is slightly more downhill. In addition to the course change we are happy to report that the 3 mile handicap course is now 3 miles and not the 2.97 miles most people seemed to measure over the past years.
Among the 42 runners we had:
- 8 First timers
- 4 personal bests for those having run before
- 4 runners sub 20
- No single runner taking longer to complete the course then the new base time of 40 minutes
First timers Daniel Clarke and Jackie Morris lead the field home with Lizzie Wilson hot on their tails as she bids to repeat her amazing form of 2010/11 season when she took glory and won the season by a clear margin.
For full details on last months times, positions and this months start times see the full handicap database for this season –> here <-
For those of you attending tomorrow evening we would ask that:
- Please arrive in good time to register as we will be leaving the club at 7:15pm prompt in order to start at 7:30pm.
- If you are running late message either Kevin Stone or Steve Ramek in advance to register yourself, please do not arrive at the Byeways to register if you can help it.
- Be mindful of the residents whose road we are now using to start and finish on, it must have been a bit of a shock to us all there last month.
- Please keep noise to a minimum and move towards the end of the road when you finish to register your position away from the finish line.
- If you are unable to run but can help out please make yourself known and we will ensure you are given a Hi-Vis and a assigned a role.
And finally for those of you who are unsure if you would be able to compete in the handicap we have changed the base start time to 40 minutes from 35 to make sure everyone can get round in the allotted time so please do come along and give it a try, you won’t regret it.