First of all, thanks to everyone who took part in week 1. If you are yet to submit results from your week 1 challenges, please do so here.
Week 2 Challenges – Tuesday 31st March to Monday 6th April
This week’s training challenge is to complete a 4 x 800m (or longer) interval session. More details on this session are below.
There will also be points awarded for keeping up your training as recorded by:
- Number of days that you go out and run.
- Total distance covered in the week.
Interval session details
We want you to achieve consistent pacing across each split. At the end of the week, we will request that you send us:
- Length of your interval course (please use a 800m / half mile course minimum).
- Your first four 800m splits. If you want to do more, please just send us the first 4 splits.
You will earn points ranked against others in your division for:
- Consistent pacing of each split.
- Pace at which you complete the intervals.
The points will be more heavily weighted to consistency however we will also be rewarding pace to ensure that people are encouraged to push themselves rather than going easy to try and get a more consistent set of results.
We hope you enjoy this week’s training session!
You can get the all the details of the Virtual Race League here. This includes links to results and league tables.